2 Weeks to OBI 12c
Vlamis knows Oracle BI
- Worked with Oracle on the BI 12c Beta program
- Used BI 12c since February 2015
- BI Developer Day
- Author of multiple books
- 25+ year history
- Consult with Oracle product management
- Multiple Oracle ACEs
The Vlamis QuickStart OBIEE 12c program simplifies upgrades to OBIEE12c
- Repeatable program
- Leverages Oracle tools
- Uses Baseline Validation Tool
- Saves your staff time
- Allows parallel testing
- Allows for education
- Much faster rollout
The Vlamis OBI 12c QuickStart
Your key to the new world of Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics and Visualization
- Upgrade your OBIEE 11 implementation to 12c in 2 weeks. You'll see your data in a live 12c instance. (QuickStart duration based on availability of customer data and approval cycles to engage)
- Understand and leverage a multitude of 12c features including Visual Analyzer and data mashups.
- Analyze and visualize your data in a controlled, non-intrusive environment.
- Understand optimal deployment and migration strategies when you're ready to move.
- Gain valuable skills and insight for business users, IT architects and administrators.
- Add predictability and streamline your production cutover and deployment.
The Vlamis OBI 12c QuickStart Methodology
- Initial health check of existing architecture
- Deliver pre-templated 11g and 12c environments ready to access your data (multiple options available based on individual needs).
- Migrate Source in from Staged 11g environment.
- Migrate Target to a Staged 12c environment.
- Service includes migration of high value artifacts to Expose 12c to business users.
- Environments are left with you to gain valuable experience using and operating 12c.
- Environments also serve as platforms for education and training.
Goal: DW OBIEE QuickStart Source (188.8.131.52.1+) Complete
- Meet with Stakeholders.
- Introduce QuickStart Architecture.
- Introduce 12c New Features (high level).
- Discuss Goals and Success Criteria.
- Verify data access logistics.
- Identify target data, reports, analyses, dashboards.
- Gather Data and OBIEE Artifacts from existing system.
- Start migration process.
- Phase 1a (Data Warehouse Subset)
- Access Subset (either direct access or export).
- Verify QuickStart VM access to DW Subset.
- Phase 1b (Customer extract to OBIEE 184.108.40.206 VM).
- Status Review: Identify and resolve any issues.
Goal: Project Complete
- Complete migration process (OBIEE 220.127.116.11 to 12.1.x.x).
- Verify that all artifacts properly moved and DW accessible.
- Meet with Stakeholders to present migration results.
- VA Day: Meet with Stakeholders to introduce Visual Analyzer.
- Complete migration process document.
- Discuss next steps where appropriate.
- Close out QuickStart Project.
Interested in learning more? Call 816.781.2880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.